PSC Connect NZ have negotiated an exclusive Restaurant & Hospitality insurance package with enhanced features that cover the specific risks faced by businesses in your industry.
Insurance cover is important for the peace of mind of any business owner, particularly in the Hospitality sector, where managers deal with a wide array of human behaviour, often with the added involvement of alcohol. It is important that any business operating in the industry be appropriately covered. Our Restaurant & Hospitality Insurance offers a very broad range of cover at a competitive price.
Local Representation, Service & Support for Restaurants
In the hospitality industry, your business relies on constantly providing high levels of service; we know that you expect this same level of service from your insurance broker.
As your local insurance broker, we focus on building close relationships with our clients so that we can really understand your business insurance needs. Like you, we run our own business and understand the risks and challenges associated with sustaining and growing a successful business. That’s why we focus on providing you with specific insurance solutions that protect your business, giving you peace of mind to focus on what you do best.
Specific restaurant/hospitality benefits
- Competitive Material Damage /Business Interruption rating structure: Lower Excess Deductibles, coverage for refrigerated stock, and Allowance for seasonal stock fluctuations. Coverage for portable electronic devices with a lower excess on these items.
- Cyber Cover to protect your electronic data: If you rely on the internet, email, website or computer software to operate your business then your current insurance may not cover you for one of the most important aspects of your business: your data. Protecting your business information and privacy is becoming a significant exposure for the industry.
- Management Liability: A critical component of an insurance program for restaurant and hospitality business owners, this insurance includes a comprehensive and competitively priced liability package to protect you and your business against most liability exposures.
What if a staff member accidentally switches off the freezer destroying the frozen stock?
Cover for deterioration is not always included under a standard policy. Therefore we have incorporated automatic cover for deteriorated stock as part of our specialised Hospitality Package.
Liability Consequential Loss
As a restaurant operator, your business faces potential liability exposures unique to the hospitality industry. As an example, a staff member sells alcohol to an underage customer, which results in the suspension of your liquor licence.
Liability Consequential loss protects against financial losses following business interruption that occurs as a result of a valid claim under the General, Statutory or Employers Liability sections.
Cases of employees taking legal action against their employers for unfair dismissal or personal grievances are not uncommon in the hospitality industry. Therefore we have included Employment Practices Liability coverage as part of our Management Liability Policy.
Restaurant Insurance cover
- Public & Products Liability
- Property including cover for building, contents, plant, machinery & stock
- Business Interruption
- Tax Audit Investigation cover
- Cyber Risk protection
- Spoilage of Stock
- Portable Electronic Eequipment cover, including coverage for cell phones
- Machinery Breakdown
- Employment Practices (hire/fire,etc)
- Statutory Liability in Health & Safety
- Directors & Officers
- Crime (Money, Theft & theft by staff).